Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Pennsylvania
Hazleton Personal Injury Attorneys Help with Your Motorcycle Accident Case
As the weather warms up and the sun stays out longer, the Pennsylvania roads see more motorcycle riders. The freedom and exhilaration a motorcycle provides attract many enthusiasts to our beautiful state.
However, the very thing bikers love about their motorcycles — the freedom of being unconfined by a car — is what can make a motorcycle accident so much more traumatic than an auto accident. The lack of a protective barrier, or metal cage, doesn’t provide much safety to a motorcyclist in the event of a crash. The personal injury attorneys at Gillespie, Miscavige & Ferdinand, LLC have years of experience helping Pennsylvania bikers with motorcycle accident cases. If you suffered injuries in a crash that wasn’t your fault, contact one of our lawyers at our Hazleton offices today.
When Other Drivers Aren’t Careful
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, in 2014 there were about 2,000 motorcycle crashes with injuries. Motorcycle accidents typically occur along with another vehicle, like an automobile or a truck.
Common reasons for motorcycle/vehicle accidents include:
- Motorcycle size. Motorcycles are small. They can “hide” in another vehicle’s blind spot, and then get struck when that vehicle changes lanes.
- Cars tailgating. Automobiles must keep a safe distance behind a motorcycle. When a car rear-ends another car, the result is typically a harmless fender-bender. When a car rear-ends a motorcycle, the result can flip the bike upside-down.
- Left-hand turns. Common accidents include cars making left-hand turns without noticing a motorcycle coming through the intersection with the right of way — ending in a car-motorcycle collision.
Staying Safe on the Road
Remember, you also have a responsibility to stay safe when operating your motorcycle.
- Drive the speed limit, and adjust accordingly to weather or road conditions
- Never drive under the influence
- Understand your limitations as a driver and the limitations of your bike
- Be alert of the other drivers on the road
- Wear protective clothing and ensure other drivers can see you
If you suffer injury in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, contact a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve so you can recover, both physically and financially.
Call Our Hazelton, PA Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, seek medical attention immediately. Do not sign any waivers or insurance forms. Then contact the personal injury attorneys at Gillespie, Miscavige & Ferdinand, LLC at [custom:phone]. We can help you get the compensation you deserve.