Settling an Estate in Pennsylvania
Probate Administration and Litigation in Northeastern Pennsylvania
If you are the personal representative for the estate of a family member or friend, Gillespie, Miscavige & Ferdinand, LLC can help. Our Hazleton, Pennsylvania estate administration lawyers aim for efficient settlement of estates, minimizing the expense, time, and legal hassle.
Free Initial Consultation • (570) 213-7961 or (888) 493-4887
Our experienced estate administration attorneys represent executors and administrators of estates in Luzerne County and surrounding counties of the Poconos and Northeastern Pennsylvania. Contact us today to arrange a consultation.
With more than 50 years of combined experience in estate administration, attorneys Joe Ferdinand and Daniel Miscavige can explain your duties and obligations as an executor or trustee and handle any legal problems that arise. We can assist in varying capacities—some clients need minimal guidance, while others want step-by-step help—in all of the designated tasks:
- Gathering assets
- Selling real estate or other assets
- Gaining access to bank accounts, annuities, life insurance policies
- Paying creditors
- Distributing remaining assets to heirs and beneficiaries
- Filing inheritance tax returns
We regularly handle both smaller estates that can bypass the probate process (informal administration) and large estates with complex legal issues, including complex accounts.
Gillespie, Miscavige & Ferdinand, LLC can represent any party in probate litigation, including:
- The estate, individual beneficiaries, or disinherited family members in contested will proceedings (testamentary capacity, undue influence)
- The estate or personal representative if financial impropriety is alleged (breach of fiduciary duty)
Contact an estate administration lawyer at Gillespie, Miscavige & Ferdinand, LLC, today for a free consultation.